Re: GNUstep's lack of progress and Apple's holding back Swift language

From: Maxthon Chan
Subject: Re: GNUstep's lack of progress and Apple's holding back Swift language
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 14:15:43 +0800

Too bad my current job is a bit overwhelming or I would like to contribute to a
refactor/rewrite of CoreBase and Base, shifting code around to make it support
the mix of ARC and Toll-free bridging, as well as bring features up on par with
Yosemite. After this refactor CoreBase and Base will have to be built together
on top of a fork of David’s libobjc (the same dependency tree and arrangement
as Apple’s libraries,) although they are still separate binaries if built. I
want to do this because my personal projects depend on it (CGIKit, an “AppKit
meets ASP.net” kind of project using Objecitve-C, won’t be really useful if
cannot be deployed on Linux servers.)

iCloud-related API can be implemented using Dropbox or Google Drive as the
backing storage, and for Chinese users (in where both Google and Dropbox is not
accessible,) Baidu Cloud, as the backing service. XPC I still have no idea how
to do appropriately though.