Re: CrystaX and GNUstep

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: CrystaX and GNUstep
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 01:47:53 -0400

On Thursday, March 26, 2015, Germán Arias <germanandre@gmx.es> wrote:
El jue, 26-03-2015 a las 00:15 -0400, Gregory Casamento escribió:
> German
>
> On Wednesday, March 25, 2015, Germán Arias <germanandre@gmx.es> wrote:
>         Some weeks ago I tried to install gnustep-base on CrystaX [1]
>         However
>         the support for Objective-C is not complete. But CrystaX has
>         been
>         started a fundraising campaign [2] and one of its goal is
>         provide a
>         complete support for Objective-C and (depending of the
>         collected money)
>         frameworks like CoreData and CoreGraphics. If that campaign is
>         successful, it can also be great for GNUstep.
>
>         Germán
>
>         [1] https://www.crystax.net/en
>         [2] https://www.bountysource.com/teams/crystaxndk/fundraiser
>

> I'm not a naysayer and what he's planning sounds beneficial.
>

> His fundraiser doesn't seem to mention GNUstep.  Is he thinking about
> implementing these Cocoa compatible frameworks without leveraging
> GNUstep?

I think yes, but if they offers full support for Objective-C we will be
able to install GNUstep (at least gnustep-base) on CrystaX with the
advantage that libcrystax offers all functionalities missed on libc of
android (Bionic).

Germán.

> GC

I guess I'm confused.  Why do people think implementing it themselves is the shorter path to success?  Does he not know about GNUstep?  I admit I was amused at the one month estimate for implementing a Cocoa compatible Foundation.

GC

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/