Re: sheets in GNUstep

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: sheets in GNUstep
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:58:26 +0000

To elaborate: A window's content may have a maximum size because it's unable to handle larger window sizes. For example, it may not have correct autoresize masks set up.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Doug Simons <doug.simons@testplant.com> wrote:

On Mar 19, 2015, at 11:27 AM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

>  As Greg explained what we really need to sort out is how to get the two windows to interact properly. Here his idea to do it on the view level could be the solution.

Displaying a sheet as a view in the window could work well. Just keep in mind that a sheet can be larger than the window that it’s displayed in. So in that case we would need to resize the window to hold the sheet and then set it back to its previous size when the sheet is dismissed.

Doug