CoreBase from SVN fails to configure due to wrong libdispatch

From: Jens Alfke
Subject: CoreBase from SVN fails to configure due to wrong libdispatch
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:38:30 -0800

I'm trying to upgrade from the 0.1 release of CoreBase to the current SVN
trunk. Unfortunately the ./configure script fails with an error:

        checking for dispatch_get_main_queue_eventfd_np in -ldispatch… no
        configure: error: Compatible libdispatch not found for GCD support!

I installed libdispatch and libdispatch-dev a few days ago via apt-get (on my
up-to-date Ubuntu system) … according to 'apt show' the version of
libdispatch-dev is "0~svn197-3.1ubunbu1".

The INSTALL file for CoreBase doesn't say anything about libdispatch, not even
that it's required. :(

What do I need to install to resolve this? I'm currently blocked because I need
CFStream, which is not in the 0.1 version.
Thanks!

—Jens