Re: Is there any way to use ARC in 32-bit?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Is there any way to use ARC in 32-bit?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:31:31 +0000

On 28 Jan 2015, at 16:55, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> Sorry if this sounds entitled, but shouldn't the GNUstep install process
> already configure the right compiler options? I'm a bit frazzled after
> spending a day messing with environment variables and paths to even get as
> far as I have — and I've found almost no advice or instructions online
> (except for docs that are at least seven years old and clearly out of date.)
> If there are current, supported instructions for installing a GNUstep
> development environment, please let me know where they are!

I agree, but this requires modifying GNUstep Make, which hurts my brain.
Patches welcome.  I'd love to see a clean way of using CMake to build GNUstep
applications (ideally reusing the stuff it already has to build OS X / iOS
apps) and not have to go near GNUstep Make ever.

> Below is a command line generated by the makefile. I see "-fgnu-runtime" but
> no "-fobjc-runtime" flag.

Part of the issue here is that gcc doesn't understand -fgnu-runtime=.  Clang
does, because it supports several different runtimes and different versions of
each.

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103