Re: Phoenix language

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Phoenix language
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:21:35 +0100

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@computer.org> wrote:

> That is what I’m doing.

It looks like a “I, GC” project rather than a “we, GNUstep”.

I was unaware that free software has to be a team effort :-)

I'm not sure GNUstep ecosystem benefits only from team efforts.

So you should not
be astonished about some reactions here.

Yes, it'd be nice if things continue to be discussed in a civil way, including suggestions for improvements.

I'd love to learn more about proper compiler design from observing discussions here. (Clang+LLVM and GCC are way too large to be studied.)

Perhaps a short or medium-sized design doc would allow constructive criticism to be flung Gregory's way?

--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net