Re: Build a complete gnustep app in a shared object

From: Michele Bert
Subject: Re: Build a complete gnustep app in a shared object
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:25:36 +0200

> I'd probably suggest that you rethink your aversion to Objective-C++.  With
> ARC, you can safely put Objective-C object pointers in C++ classes (they
> become non-POD) and you can use C++ classes as instance variables for
> Objective-C objects.  Most importantly, you can now put Objective-C object
> pointers in C++ collections and have the memory management behave correctly
> (I do this quite a lot - it's very useful to have things like LLVM's
> SmallVector class for storing small collections of object pointers on the
> stack).

Thanks for your suggestion.
You are probably right, but having more choices introduce the
responsibility to choose the right thing to do, and I am not ready for
that yet. It is very difficoult for me to pass this mental block
(becouse I am aware that it is just a problem of my mind).
The first problem I would like to solve is how to write the makefile,
in order to bild the gnustep program in shared object with an extern
"C" entry point. The second will be how to manage resources, but it
has a lower priority.

--
Michele