Re: Unable to find backend gnustep-back Ubuntu 14.04

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: Unable to find backend gnustep-back Ubuntu 14.04
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 18:07:38 +0200

Jim,

My question has nothing to do with the backend problem, but as you installed GNUstep on the latest Ubuntu, you might have an answer I‘m looking for.
Recently, I installed GNUstep on a distribution called Peppermint Five, based on Ubuntu 14.04. Although everything seemed to compile , and all tests ran ok, I had problems when scrolling. Up, down, left or right, it did not matter, but all text became illegible when scrolling.

This might be due to an 'unofficial' version 13.1 of libcairo. Indeed, when replacing this with libcairo12....., the scrolling problem disappeared.

As Peppermint Five is based on Ubuntu 14.04, could you verify if the libcairo you have is also 13.1.xx and verify the scrolling problem?

If it does not occur, I will install Ubuntu and continue with GNUstep/Etoile from there.

I hope you don't mind the question.

Kind regards

E. Ancaer