Re: Gorm thoughts for the future...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Gorm thoughts for the future...
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 10:31:26 +0200

Hi,

Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
So if I understand correctly, ProjectCenter+Gorm will never evolve into being a Xcode clone and if we want a Xcode clone we have to write it but can reuse code from previously named projects?

It seems like there must be so much common elements that maybe we can explore the option of adding a "Xcode mode" to ProjectCenter/Gorm and instead focus all time and energy on improving one code base instead of several? I mean, you still want to add things like code completion, real time inline error reports etc that a modern editor should have, right?
what do you mean by "clone", do you want to clone the interface? or a certain workflow? We surely do want the features you mention and many more, currently they are just missing.

This is a thread about Gorm. Gregory mentions things that will make it more Mac-like and we are discussing (mostly criticizing them or trying to enhance them not to make the mistakes Apple has made). You started the discussion by saying "I'm not interested in an interface editor".

Also, both Gorm and ProjectCenter are modular, are subdivided in frameworks and bundles, thus reuse is encouraged and built-in already.

Riccardo