Re: Emacs and GNUstep

From: Liam Proven
Subject: Re: Emacs and GNUstep
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:56:56 +0000

On 13 March 2014 13:32, Michele Bert <micbert75@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried also to compile aquamacs under gnustep, without success

I asked the developer/maintainer of Aquamacs (David Reitter, a very
pleasant and approachable chap) about doing a GNUstep version. He felt
it was not possible - that it's too tied to OS X. He also commented
that he doesn't feel that Linux is a significant platform and that
it's way too fragmented.

It would be great to prove him wrong, but also I suspect a lot of hard
work. Shame - it would be a great flagship app. Its cause is a little
diluted now by the excellent ErgoEmacs, but I find Aquamacs to be by
far the most usable Emacs that exists.

http://aquamacs.org/about.shtml

http://ergoemacs.org/

--