Re: Crash in countByEnumeratingWithState method of GNUstep's implementat

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Crash in countByEnumeratingWithState method of GNUstep's implementation of NSArray
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:57:43 +0100

Le 8 janv. 2014 à 13:34, Mathias Bauer a écrit :

> I doubt that returning the address of a stack variable will fix that. "size"
> must become an iVar, IMHO.

Right, I typed this a bit quickly.

GSMutableArray declares a _version ivar for this purpose, so it could probably
be moved up to NSMutableArray. We could fix -countByEnumeratingWithState: in
NSArray to set the mutationsPtr to 'self', and override
-countByEnumeratingWithState: in NSMutableArray to use _version.

The problem is that all NSMutableArray mutation methods have to be updated to
increment _version. So I'll wait to have some more feedback before committing
any changes.

Quentin.