RE: new to group, request clarifications

From: Germán Arias
Subject: RE: new to group, request clarifications
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 01:03:46 -0600

Hi,

El mar, 24-12-2013 a las 00:35 -0500, a b escribió:

> I want to thank everyone who replied to my questions for their
> excellent
> forgot to include
> in my previous post.
>
> 1) Reference #1 below talks about two problems in using ProjectCenter.
>     For myself, these are minor so they would not be a show-stopper.
>     Have these problems been resolved?  I only ask because the
> comments
>     were made in 2011, so it's possible they are already fixed.

ProjectCenter (at SVN) support the in-window menu theme, there are some
other problems with native Open/Save panels and Make tool. I'm trying to
solve the problem with Open/Save panels and I think I will have the
solution in next days (this is a problem with WinUXTheme). The problem
with make tool have years and I don't have idea where is the bug.
Riccardo (Mottola) has been solved the problem recompiling GNUstep. This
problem is really odd.

> 2)  Reference #2 below talks about a backend for Microsoft Windows.
> Is he
>      referring to the WinUX (??) theme?  I had read somewhere that
> there was a
>      problem if you wanted to change from the default GNUstep theme,
> but
>      I was not able to find the information in order to quote it here
> with my
>      question.  If an author wanted to create a Windows application
> which
>      looked like a native Windows application instead of NextStep, is
> there a
>      way to do so?  What additional components, if any, would need to
> be downloaded
>      and installed?

WinUXTheme is a theme installed by GNUstep installers, so you don't need
install anything else. But you can get this at:

http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/plugins/themes/WinUXTheme/

This is a theme that take the colors and pixmaps of the current Windows
theme and make (dynamically) a theme for GNUstep apps. You only should
take care about the behaviour of your app when use the in-window menu. I
wrote an entirely section of this in a manual I will release soon, but
this is in spanish. However I can add a translation of this section at
GNUstep wiki. For other platforms you should use other theme, for
example the GTK theme or the Silver theme. See:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Themes

In Windows you can set the theme for your app with the nsis installer.
On GNU/Linux and *BSD there are different ways to do this.

Germán.