Re: Bundles inside Application resources

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Bundles inside Application resources
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:45:53 +0200

Hi,

On 10/17/13 08:41, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
On 17 Oct 2013, at 01:00, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

2013-10-17 01:58:35.501 TalkSoup[3360] Could not load 'GNUstepOutput' from '()'

The relevant code looks like in TalkSoup.m line 95:

    bundle = [NSBundle bundleWithPath: dir];
    if (!bundle)
    {
        NSLog(@"Could not load '%@' from '%@'", name, dir);
        return nil;
    }
So, from the log it seems you are either passing a path which is the rather
strange string '()', or perhaps is not even a string (could be an empty set or
array).

Are you actually getting that path from -pathForResource:ofType:  or is it
coming from somewhere else?
Actually, I was wrong. the error message comes a couple of line above, the () is due to a dictionary being printed out.

I did not reproduce the structure inside the resources as it was in ApplicationSupport. It had several subdirectories. i did it by "hand" and it works for at least two bundles. FUrthermore I now leave the default suffix ".bundle", before it was left blank on purpose, which I find bad.

I now have to fix the makefiles to respect this and tackle the remaining bundles. I'll bet I have more problems :(

Riccardo