Themes (again)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Themes (again)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:47:45 +0100

Hi,

I recently gave a little demo of an app that I'd written for exploring
debugging stream traces for our processor, and one of the comments was 'Oh, you
wrote it using TK?'.  I'd like to take some screenshots and also record a video
of the demo I gave at FOSDEM, but I don't want people to be put off by the
applications looking ugly.

So, my question is: do we have a single theme that works, is complete, and
doesn't look like a throwback to the early '90s?

In Étoilé we have:

- Nesedah, where we spent a lot of effort getting the mockups right but then
hit problems with how GNUstep handles frames and borders and couldn't implement
it correctly

- Narcissus, which looks okay except when you have a table view (because the
headers are white on light grey).  I'd fix this if the theme support were
documented sufficiently well for me to be able to work out how...

- Aristo2, which got off to a promising start at the DevMeeting is unfinished.

The Silver theme looks okay, so maybe it's a good choice, although still a bit
dated.

On a related note, I accidentally set the colour of one of my views (the
background colour of an NSTableView, if this makes a difference) in Gorm.   How
do I set it back to the theme default, for whatever the loaded theme is?

David

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA