Re: GNUstep's default theme...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep's default theme...
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:59:17 +0200

Hi,

On 09/12/13 11:28, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Now I did a test, I searched "google theming" with bing. Looking at the images, we do get screenshots! Our main screenshot is a dark themed image... we have blog posts. Thus it is fine. [First point: check how things really are, not how things think you are].

However... the 4th and 5th links are... devastating.

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Themes

equally ridicule is the systempreferences page! Provided that a new release is due soon, it shows something really antique:

Look here:

http://www.gnustep.org/experience/systempreferences.html

do you see any mentioning of themes? it still mentions *color schemes*... this is a jump in the past.
The release is stone-age old!

Being somehow the de-facto maintainer of system preferences or at least of its Themes module... I'll correct this. I'll update the page even if there is no release yet and will give a spped-up for a release! Sorry guys!

This also proves that sometimes we are better than what we are, but we are damn bad at showing it, rare releases, etc...

Riccardo