Re: SystemPreferences Defaults, localization

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: SystemPreferences Defaults, localization
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:19:34 +0200

Hi Fred,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I looked at the keys in Defaults.plist and compared them with the
documentation in gui/Documentation/GuiUser/DefaultsSummary.gsdoc.

In most cases the SystemPreferences is more correct than the official
documentation :-)

There are a few cases where obsolete settings are used:
GSFileBrowserHideDotFiles
GSModifiersAreKeys
GSUseWMTaskBar

But you better cross check these yourself. I just used grep on the gui
and back code.

I did the same as you... for some there was really no match at all, others had it in the ChangeLog.

Thanks. I removed those three entries. I supppose it is pretty close to a new release now. The new Editor of the interface and menu style is so much more convenient !

Riccardo