Re: Gworkspace with non-fragile abi, etc?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Gworkspace with non-fragile abi, etc?
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:27:44 +0200

On 21.08.2013 08:50, Lee, Seong-Gu wrote:
> 4) Localization resources
>
>  'make_strings' seems not to extract strings at files in sub-directories
> (have not -r switch in grep, find). If sub-projects have own separated
> string resource and aggregate to .app when compiled, it would be
> appropriate. However, compiling does not seem to aggregate localized
> resources.

The tool make_string works on the given list of files. If your are
working with a proper shell you could provide all Objective-C files from
subdirectories. I am no shell programmer, but something like
make_strings -L English `find . -name '*.m'`
should work for you.

> 4) Spellchecker
> When excuting application at localized environment (defaults
> NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages xxxxxx), these messages are printed to termianl:
> 2013-08-21 15:19:30.242 gdnc[27202] File NSDictionary.m: 673. In
> -[NSDictionary initWithContentsOfFile:] Contents of file
> '/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/gnustep-base/Versions/1.24/Resources/Languages/XXXXXX'
> does not contain a dictionary

This error message is not related to the spellchecker. It just tells you
that there are no language resources for the given value XXXXX. You
should always include English as a fallback language in NSLanguages.

> gnustep i18n document says like this: (
> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/I18n )
>  Writing aids and processing mechanisms
>       Spell-checking NSSpellChecker
> Current Status
>     The spellchecker uses libaspell for its backend
>         aspell has dictionaries for at least these languages - af, br,
> ca, cs, cy, da, de, el, en, eo, es, fo, fr, ga, he, hr, is, it, nl, no,
> pl, pt, ro, ru, sk, sl, sv, uk (list taken from gentoo portage)
>         some languages are unsupported by aspell.
>         In the case where the currently selected NSLanguage doesn't have
> a dictionary available, an error dialog will show, telling you that the
> dictionary isn't available. It won't allow you to spell check with
> another dictionary until you manually open the spell check panel, and
> select a different dictionary. I mention this becuase its easy to get
> the impression that the spellchecker is broken if your NSLanguage is for
> example set to Thai.
>
>  Is there any substitute or wrapper to other spellchecker system
> (hunspell, ispell, etc.) for unsupported languages by aspell?

No, but it should not be too hard to implement if your are interested.
Just have a look at the code in gui/Tools/GSspell.m

Fred