App Wrappers and GWorkspace Dock

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: App Wrappers and GWorkspace Dock
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:43:27 +0200

Hi,

the GWorkspace Dock tries to mimick the behaviour of the WindowMaker Dock: three small dots indicate an application which is not running, no dots, mean a running app (and theoretically, one dot means a hidden one).

This works fine, but I noticed that with app-wrappers, it doesn't: launching an app-wrapper (not from the dock, but with openapp or with double-click on its icon in a viewer) make the icon appear with three dots in the Dock but the dots never go away.

I wonder if there is a way to make a smarter app-wrapper or have GWorkspace get the running information better?

Riccardo