Re: Comments on the website from people on twitter...

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Comments on the website from people on twitter...
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 01:54:30 -0700

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 2:49 AM, David Chisnall
<David.Chisnall@cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 9 Aug 2013, at 16:42, Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Bean runs beautifully on machines which came out with 10.4, but was dog-slow
>> on machines of the same era
>
> I wonder if there are some more obvious algorithmic deficiencies.

Likewise, a few ported apps have run into the case that NSMutableArray
usage optimized for OS  X (linked list up to a certain size since
their implementation varies on array size) exhibits the pathological
behaviour under GNUstep (c array), and vice versa.