Re: Darling

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Darling
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:20:35 +0200

Hi Lubos,

sad to hear that GNustep gui is giving you so much trouble. Could you
please expand a bit on what it is that goes wrong for you? There is one
big difference between gui and base that is that base already supports
the hiding of the instance variables. Would it help you to have that
implemented in gui as well?
There are other reasons why base should be easier, for example most base
classes are actually class clusters and user code has no expectations
about the actual object layout. Subclassing base classes is far less
common than sunclassing NSView. We cannot do anything about these and
some other differences, but I am willing to support you with things that
need changing in gui. But be aware that binary compatibility to Apple
has never been a goal for GNUstep.

Fred