RE: gnustep.org domain

From: Slex Sangiuliano
Subject: RE: gnustep.org domain
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 10:44:11 +0000

From: ivan@vucica.net
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:28:34 +0200
To: theraven@sucs.org
CC: richardfrithmacdonald@gmail.com; discuss-gnustep@gnu.org; lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de

A successful open source project needs more than good code, it needs good communication and a good community.  GNUstep has a great community, but does a very good job at hiding this from the world.  I don't think this necessarily requires using XMPP (I probably won't join an XMPP chat room until Alex finishes implementing multi-user chat in XMPPKit, as I have failed to find time to do it in the last few years).

I agree, this definitely does not require use of XMPP. I just like having statuses in the private roster as well as chatrooms.

When it comes to MUC support, it might be worth taking a look at the XMPP.framework project and see if it can be built for GNUstep.

--
Ivan Vučica

You need at least: EtoileFoundation and EtoileSerialize to build XMPPKit.
Cheers,
Alex