Re: Copying native library into app bundle and linking from there

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Re: Copying native library into app bundle and linking from there
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 05:49:53 -0700

Ivan Vučica , 7/4/2013 1:14 PM:
I think no -- there is probably no built in support as ATM almost all GNUstep apps are shipped as source code.

Hi Ivan,

thanks for the advice (and indeed thanks everyone else for the subsequent information, too). My motivation is simply to package everything up in one place so that on changing any source, a 'make' will get a product that contains the new version of everything for testing. The current thing of having to install the frameworks, even though I have all the sources available (and will make them available to others), introduces the extra step that I have to 'sudo make install' before testing to ensure that the dependencies are up to date. I'm developing on OS X and deploying to Linux, which is why I was keen to see if this had been solved cross-platform.

On reflection I think the easiest thing might be to install everything to the user domain, so that developers can install the components to the correct location in their home directories for testing.

Thanks,
Graham.