Re: gnustep-quartzcore on Linux?

From: Mark Aufflick
Subject: Re: gnustep-quartzcore on Linux?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:16:59 +1000

Thanks for the info. Indeed the svn repository is fine, and has newer commits too. I've raised a ticket on the github repo, I assume Gregory is on this group/list too? Would love to find out that it is fixable and also that the git mirror is bidirectional…

It's been so long since I did any development on Linux I'm out of practise with the whole package dependency thing. Turns out Ubuntu splits mesa into many parts and although I had a bunch of *-dev packages already I needed libglu1-mesa-dev

I also had to replace all instances of

#define GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES 1

with

#define GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES

otherwise a bunch of prototypes were implicit.

I was then able to build and run the Demo app - which is awesome because I need CALayers and it all seems to work! At least enough for me to get started anyway.

Thanks for the help.