Re: problems compiling on solaris 10

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: problems compiling on solaris 10
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 23:02:45 +0200

Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Monday, April 15, 2013 19:43 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi!

does really nobody have a hint on how to continue on this?  The test is
minimal and the stacktrace is pretty low-level.
does gcc segfault,  while you are compiling, or does the program segfault,
when you run it?
 From the backtrace I would guess the latter, but I may be wrong.
You are right, it is the test program. config_thread.m As I wrote, I am able to reproduce the problem outside the configure environment and played also with the passed compilation options. The -DGNU_RUNTIME causes all the warnings and problems, but why precisely I don't know. I noticed the warnings happen also on other platforms, but not the seg-fault.
In any case, I think, the libobjc you are using has debugging symbols in it,
therefore it knows the location where it was compiled on, under home/maciej/...
When you put the sources there, then the list command in gdb should show you
something more useful.

I guess that is where the building of the binary package happened. I could try playing with some links and get hold of the source + potential patches.