Re: How to enable themes now days?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: How to enable themes now days?
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 18:28:20 +0100

Hey Jesse,

Le 21 févr. 2013 à 13:38, Jesse Ross a écrit :

>> after copying the bundle into the Library/Themes directory.  Unfortunately,
>> the theme is slightly incomplete.  In particular, scroll bars look horrible.
>>  If you feel like adding the missing pixmaps based on this mockup then we'd
>> be very happy to accept patches:
>>
>> http://jesseross.com/clients/gnustep/ui/concepts/23/camaelon_nesedah.png
>
> I didn't realize the theme was incomplete. I'm happy to make the updated
> images -- can you let me know exactly which portions are needed and at what
> sizes?

Well, we miss some pixmaps, it's true, but it's a bit more complex than that.
See this mail on etoile-dev where I list the current limitations of the theme
engine in regard to Nesedah needs:
https://mail.gna.org/public/etoile-dev/2013-02/msg00006.html

Beside porting an existing theme such as Aristo as I suggest it, a possible
solution is to create a special Nesedah version that adapts to the current
limitations:
- no shadows around controls
- simpler control border e.g. a single color and 1px
- scrollers and header views visually nested inside their container (in other
words, the container border would be visible around the scroller and header
borders)

For the pixmaps, iirc we miss:
- popup menu
- combo box
- progress bar (determinate, indeterminate and circular)
- slider (I think we miss the non-square variation for the slider knob… not
sure if GNUstep supports it though)

Cheers,
Quentin.