Re: GWorkspace dock transparency and other goodies

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace dock transparency and other goodies
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 11:21:47 +0100

Hello Luis,

On 03/05/13 11:10, Luis Garcia Alanis wrote:
Hello guys,

I came across this: http://multixden.blogspot.com/2012/02/gworkspace-dock.html

Looks very nice, but mine is not transparent. I compiled GNUstep with the cairo backend. I wonder how to enable this?

This feature is currently available in SVN only, GWorkspace needs a new release, but I am trying to squeeze a couple of bugs, it is planned soon.
Are there other hidden goodies like dock location?

small stuff, like being able to put an image as desktop background with "uniform" scale (but perhaps that was already present in the past release). Furthermore, the dock style (modern vs. classic) will also enable a different style of selection rectangle (thanks to Eric for all the help debugging that mess).

The dock is left/right only, at the bottom it would interfere with the tabbed shelf and/or the Windowmaker dock.

For the future, more things are planned, but this gworkspace release needs to get cleaned up and released! It is long due.

Riccardo