Re: Problem with SimpleAgenda on new GNUstep

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Problem with SimpleAgenda on new GNUstep
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 07:12:54 +0100

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 01:01:44AM +0000, Richard Stonehouse wrote:

> >>Yes; I haven't built the new GNUstep on 32-bit yet. I'll  try to get
> >>that done tonight.
>
> I have now done that and found thatSimpleAgenda 0.43, built from the
> tarball, behaves as expected on 32-bit with new GNUstep.

Ok, thanks for the info.

> Also, following Fred's suggestion, I took the latest SVN (rev 1093)
> from svn://coyote.octets.fr/gnustep/SimpleAgenda/trunk and built it
> for my 64-bit system. This seems to give the CPU loop on startup,
> just like the tarball version. Looking at the source, so far as I
> can
> see the only reference to 'NSNotFound' is in DayView.m, and 'index' is
> defined as a NSUInteger in both the tarball and SVN versions; there
> are some changes in the vicinity but this type has not changed. So I
> wonder whether I picked up the right SVN version, or is there a more
> recent one somewhere?

Nope, you have the most recent. I haven't worked on SimpleAgenda
lately, except for fixing warnings and stuff like that.

> >>GCC 4.7 with libobjc1, from the openSUSE 12.2 release.
> >
> >Thanks. I'll try to reproduce this setup but it could take some time.
>
> Let me know if there are any tests I can do here.

Do you have calendars setup that are being read on startup, and if yes
of what kind ?

Thanks,
Philippe
--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. J. Yahl