Re: ProjectCenter / Gorm do not work together

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter / Gorm do not work together
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:28:02 +0100

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 14:33 CET, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 02/19/13 01:39, Germán A. Arias wrote:
> >
> > Well, I installed GWorkspace. When I launch it, I see the message about
> > that make_services can't create the services directory. But after that,
> > the directory is created, so I suppose GWorkspace create this. But
> > GWorkspace works fine, I don't see any error.
> Yes, I recently added provision in GWorkspace to do that.
> > I think the problem with make_services is that it assumes that "Library"
> > folder is there. So it fails.
> I fixed make_services the way I did that in GWorkspace? May you try
> again (by deleting the directories of course)?
>
> GWorkspace is not a mandatory application, NSWorkspace and make_services
> should work without it and thus cannot rely on it creating the directory.

This now works for me. But when there is no GNUstep directory in my $HOME,
then I still get an error.
Anyways, wasn't there a change some months ago, that made
createDirectoryAtPath:attributes:
change from creating intermediate directories to not creating them?
Looking at the apple documentation, I found that that method is deprecated sine
10.5 anyways,
and therefore, wouldn't it be better to use the recommended method:
createDirectoryAtPath:withIntermediateDirectories:attributes:error:

That should probably make the code easier to understand, and prevent checking
for the
existence of all intermediate directories with withIntermediateDirectories: set
to YES.

Sebastian