Re: compiling gui with clang/libobjc2 failure

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: compiling gui with clang/libobjc2 failure
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:49:11 +0100

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:34:03 +0000, David Chisnall wrote:
On 1 Feb 2013, at 07:36, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

#  ifdef __BLOCKS__
#    include <dispatch/dispatch.h>
#  endif /* __BLOCKS__ */

This is definitely a cups problem.  They are assuming that blocks
support (a compiler feature) implies the presence of libdispatch (a
library).  I don't know if libdispatch has been ported to OpenBSD.

I think the -base configure checks for the presence of libdispatch
because we use it for parallel array operations, so the best thing to
do is use that macro to conditionally #undef __BLOCKS__ before
including cups.h

David

Yep, I hit the same problem on Linux. I simply edit the CUPS header file and remove the include... Apple, which runs the CUPS development now, apparently assumes that blocks support is OS X-only.

Reminds me of a similar issue with unistd.h from glibc that uses "__block" for an argument name. And they reject changing the (irrelevant) name to something else.

--
Luboš Doležel