some gui questions

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: some gui questions
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:43:19 +0100

Hi,

for the MPDCon I created an Inspector for the Playlist. There I have some
checkboxes.
I tried to align it in Gorm, but failed a bit do get the text on the left
aligned on the grid with the other
text there. The checkbox itself on the right aligns fine. In the Screenshot you
can see that
the text for the checkboxes is some pixels to the right compared with the other
text around them.
Is this intended, or should it align with the text?

Also, I tried to disable the rating stars, and make the text grey, when the
checkboxes are disabled,
but failed with that. When I disable the top checkbox,I can disable the second
checkbox,
with setEnabled:NO and its getting greyed out, and you cannot click on it.
But for the Text, and the stars I did not found something working, I also
wanted to have the text
grey the same way like when the checkbox is disabled.
The Stars are a NSTableView, with a table, containing just one single cell. I
tried to set
the cell setEditable: NO but to no avail.
Any hint how I can achieve that?

cheers,
Sebastian

PNG image