Re: NSTask: launchpath

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: NSTask: launchpath
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 12:46:05 -0500

The execve(...) function in - (void)launch is being called with the full set of environment variables for the current user.   This is why it's able to find the binary when you just do "diff."   Additionally, the launch method does not validate that there is an executable at the path given before it runs execve(...).   If the Cocoa behavior is desired then there should be a check for a valid executable before the call to execve which aborts the -(void)launch method.

GC