Re: Installing GNUstep on FreeBSD

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Installing GNUstep on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:33:10 +0100

On 25 Sep 2012, at 08:43, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> FreeBSD's 9 default compilers are crippled; gcc got obj-c supprot removed
> sinve freebsd8 and thus cannot compile GS, while the default clang doesn't
> work either. But you can install gcc or clang from ports and then instruct
> make to use it.

Do you know what the error is?  As far as I am aware, the clang in FreeBSD 9.0
is perfectly adequate for GNUstep, although it lacks some of the newer features
(ARC support, objc_msgSend() support).

The GNUstep ports in FreeBSD are currently unmaintained.  I am hoping to find
some time soon to update them.

David
With his FreeBSD toolchain maintainer hat on

-- Sent from my Apple II