Re: ContentView Offset

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ContentView Offset
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 09:07:01 +0200

Hi,

On 09/07/12 04:34, Steve Van Voorst wrote:
I notice that occasionally when building windows that the contentView is shifted up and to the user's left; it's up about 30 pixels and to the left about 4 pixels. It makes it difficult to "hit" a button; you have to click about 30 pixels lower than it shows on the screen to find it's rectangle. It appears that to be moving the contentView all the way to the top of the window instead of respecting the header (menu bar on Mac). Is this a known problem, and is it fixable? Thanks.
What WindowMmanager are you using? I have noticed this behaviour occasionally when I export display to rootless windowmanagers on windows or Mac for exmaple, especially with menus, but never when running directly with WindowMaker. When the first GS app starts up it "probes" with ain invisible window the decoration offsets, it is important that this works. If you start GS before the windowmanager it may not work well.

Riccardo