Re: GNUstep-corebase to be released next week

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep-corebase to be released next week
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:17:33 -0400

I just confirmed with David that Opal doesn't currently integrate with
GNUstep.   What's required, I believe, is an Opal based GNUstep
backend so that the Opal context and the NSGraphicsContext are
compatible and can be interchanged (like under Cocoa).

If we do this, it might be a good idea to make the Opal backend
replace the Cairo backend as the default, if and only if opal is
available.  We want to make certain that people aren't forced to use
Opal unless they want to.

This way the backend order would go like this:

Opal, if available, if not then...
Cairo, if available, if not then...
Art, if available, if not then...
Xlib, if available, if not then...