Re: OSQA -Open Source Question and Answering System

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: OSQA -Open Source Question and Answering System
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:14:02 +0200

I'm wondering if it isn't better if people just used StackOverflow and tagged GNUstep-specific questions with "gnustep". We simply don't have the user base that would make a Q&A system useful, and would instead probably linger empty and unused. (You know the sight: three year old forums with a total of 50 posts.)

Mailing lists are also a nice and traditional way of getting attention of GNUstep developers. Even now we have more communication channels and mailing lists than we can use well; discuss-gnustep ends up being the most active one, and it's used for all purposes (development decisions, announcements...), even in cases where other special-purpose mailing lists exist.

Setting up a Q&A system is probably a good way to ensure questions posted there remain unnoticed and unanswered.