Re: Gnustep Application: GSBurn

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: Gnustep Application: GSBurn
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:37:30 +0200

On 11.06.2012 21:36, Jamie Ramone wrote:
> One question, why not use CD ParanoiaIII? It reads the disk as raw
> data tracks, all through software. Once the data is extracted (and I
> don't mean wait till ALL of it is obtained, only a certain amount in a
> memory buffer) you send it to the PCM output of the sound card, making
> the cable issue irrelevant.

[snip]

Well, then. I have spent some time on that issue and finally got
CDPlayer working on libcdio. It uses the paranoia part to read the raw
PCM data and then sends it to one of Cynthiune's output bundles. I.e.
you must install Cynthiune to make CDPlayer work.
If anyone is interested, you find it here (via CVS):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gsburn/

Note, that this is not an official release. I expect it to still have
some glitches.

--
Grüße / Cheers

Andreas Schik