Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 21:31:56 +0200

Wed, 16 May 2012 19:11:29 -0600 -n
"Germán A. Arias" <german@xelalug.org> írta:

> El Wed, 16 May 2012 20:15:03 +0200
> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> escribió:
> > Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > Well, understand what is going wrong. I think this requires some
> > > NSLog() in the source or checking what is send over the network. I
> > > have no clue yet where it fails :)
> > > I suggest you build your own gnumail, the upcoming sources are
> > > here:
> > >
> > > http://gna.org/projects/gnustep-nonfsf
> > >
> > > They incorporate already several patches which floated around,
> > > including debian's. So you should not have any trouble  building
> > > it.
> >
> > I'm trying to build GNUMail from downloaded GNUMail-1.2.0.tar.gz on
> > my Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid system but have difficulties.
> >
> > I installed first followings using Debian repository:
> >
> > sudo aptitude install libpantomime1.2-dev \
> > addresses-goodies-for-gnustep addresses.framework
> >
> > Then in unpacked directory GNUMail-1.2.0/ I run make and get:
> > This is gnustep-make 2.6.2. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for
> > help. Making all in Framework/GNUMail ...
> > Making build-headers for framework GNUMail...
> > Making all for framework GNUMail...
> >  Compiling file AddressBookController.m ...
> > In file included from AddressBookController.m:28:0:
> > AddressBookPanel.h:29:46: fatal error:
> > AddressView/ADSinglePropertyView.h: No such file or directory
> > compilation terminated.
> > make[3]: *** [obj/GNUMail.obj/AddressBookController.m.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: *** [internal-framework-run-compile-submake] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** [GNUMail.all.framework.variables] Error 2
> > make: *** [internal-all] Error 2
> >
> > What can I do to solve this problem?
> >

> You need install Addresses:
>
> gap.nongnu.org/addresses/index.html

I have it now downloaded unpacked and installed, but when I want to run
it, I get error message:

$ AddressManager
Segmentation fault

However, I can run 'make' in the GNUMail-1.2.0/ directory and can
install GNUMail successfully, but when try to run GNUMail, I get again
error message:

$ AddressManager
Segmentation fault

What can I do to solve this problem?