Re: GNUmail on NetBSD

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUmail on NetBSD
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 00:34:23 +0200

On 05.04.2012 17:32, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi,

after years, I am trying to tackle the effort of getting GNUMail to
work on NetBSD! It never did" I got some precious suggestions from
the amiling list, I am writing a better way on how the DNS resolver
gets called.

I fixed that now, but I don't get email and the mailboxes displayed
and my console floods up with:

2012-04-05 17:20:30.790 GNUMail[8060] GSFromUnicode() No iconv for
encoding NSASCIIStringEncoding tried to use ASCII//TRANSLIT

I use base without ICU, but on other systems GNUMail wors without
ICU, so I do wonder. The problem is reported as iconv. CLues?

For NSASCIIStringEncoding the code in GSFromUnicode() should never try
to use iconv. We have the conversion for this format hard coded.
Could you please add a breakpoint in this function and step through it? I really would like to understand what goes on here.

Fred