Re: GNUstep github mirror status...

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: GNUstep github mirror status...
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:18:41 -0800

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 01:21:58PM -0500, Gregory Casamento wrote:
> It looks like you're correct.  I used the following command to pull in
> the data from SVN:
>
> git svn clone --stdlayout --no-metadata <svnurl>

Given the above,  and the prior discussion about svn revion ids,
I imagine it would be useful if we could create tags associated
with them,  and push those.

e.g. svnid/r12345678

Having a quick glance at the git-svn code,  it looks like the
perl would have to be hacked.  Or alternately run a background
script which scrapes the info from the rev_map file which looks
like:

# The format is this:
#   - 24 bytes for every record,
#     * 4 bytes for the integer representing an SVN revision number
#     * 20 bytes representing the sha1 of a git commit

Probably better if this can be added to the git-svn script as it
builds / applies the commit.  I wonder if I can figure out the
necessary change to 'do_git_commit' within the script - perl not
being my forte.

.pdf