Re: String codification

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: String codification
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:56:57 +0000

On 17 Feb 2012, at 01:05, Germán Arias wrote:

> How can I convert a string to WIndows codification? I want do this for items
> at
> native Windows's menu, since WinUXTheme can't display properly characters
> like á, ñ, ...

Use the [NSString-dataUsingEncoding:] method giving it an argument to specify
which encoding you want.
Modern windows uses 16bit unicode, so unless you are using old APIs (it's
probably best to keep to the modern APIs), you can use NSUnicodeStringEncoding

If you need a jul terminated string, you can use the -cStringUsingEncoding:
method rater than -dataUsingEncoding: