Re: Voting: do you want to move to git?

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Voting: do you want to move to git?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:06:34 +0100

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:22, Pirmin Braun <pb@seat-1.com> wrote:
Am Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:05:12 +0100
schrieb Ivan Vučica <ivucica@gmail.com> :

> Last time I used sourceforge, it had episodes of slowness quite often. It's amazing and I'm thankful for what sort of service they provide for free, but its SVN's slowness was still very annoying.

that's my experience, too; I commit our stuff now and then to SF and it's very slow

I worked on some locally stored projects that references about 8 SourceForge repositories as svn:externals, and making a single update was... well... not a pleasant experience.

And GNUstep also currently heavily uses externals.

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net