Re: Installing GNUstep from source on Debian GNU/Linux SID

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Installing GNUstep from source on Debian GNU/Linux SID
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 21:22:00 +0100

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Niels Grewe <niels.grewe@halbordnung.de> writes:

>>> I have installed now ProjectCenter and Gorm and I can start these only
>>> from xterm window.
>>>
>>> My desktop environment is Window Maker and in this environment I have
>>> icons for every application, so one for Gorm and one for ProjectCenter
>>> too. I have an issue that I can't to start say Gorm with double click on
>>> it's icon: nothing happen than, instead of start it running. This is
>>> probably a PATH issue, right?
>>>
>>> I'm trying to setup PATH so one can start say Gorm using it's icon. I
>>> run the command in an xterm window:
>>> export PATH=/usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications:$PATH
>>>
>>> but that doesn't help.
>>>
>>> I get these in ~/.xsession-errors
>>> ProjectCenter: error while loading shared libraries:
>>> libProjectCenter.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>>> directory
>>> Gorm: error while loading shared libraries: libGormCore.so.1: cannot
>>> open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't get anymore these errors in ~/.xsession-errors file.
Instead, when I double click on the Gorm icon, I get error message in a
dialog box:
Error
I can't run the "Gorm" command
   OK

or something like that; I must translate this message from Hungarian.

So it seems that the X Window syste, or Window Maker can't find the
GNUstep applications that are in /usr/GNUstep/Local/Tools/ directory,
like Gorm, ProjectCenter, SystemPreferences, Thematic, Ink and my
installed Renaissance project LPT_Interface.

>> You should add /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/ or wherever those
>> libraries live to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the dynamic linker can
>> find them. Usually the GNUstep.sh script from GNUstep make will do that
>> for you. Did you source it in your .bashrc/.profile as was previously
>> suggested in this thread?
>
> Yes I did source the GNUstep.sh script in more than one files:

I have now these setup in following files:
> ~/.bashrc
export PATH=/home/csanyipal/Programozas/Obj_C_ben/\
GNUstep_letoltve_SVN-nel/llvm/Release+Asserts/bin:$PATH
export CC=clang
. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

> ~/.profile
. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

> ~/.xinitrc
Nothing related to GNUstep.

> ~/.xsessionrc
Nothing related to GNUstep.

Double click should starts GNUstep applications from Window Maker
icons.

How can I get it to works?

--
Regards from Pal