Re: Are you interested in getting started writing ObjC, and making a use

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Are you interested in getting started writing ObjC, and making a useful contribution to GNUstep?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:39:33 +0000

On 6 Feb 2012, at 08:16, Y.C Cheng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested. I write programs for iPhone and I am interested to
> contribute. I think I should install the most update code base from
> SVN and then tring to code, am I right ?
>
> Y.C Cheng

Thanks for replying so quickly ... yes, installing the current code from svn is
the first thing to do.

Since NSOrderedSet is a Foundation class, the only parts of GNUstep you need to
install are gnustep-make and gnustep-base.
gnustep-make provides the build framework and the test framework
gnustep-base is the equivalent of Apple's Foundation, and includes the
documentation generator.

So with just those two packages, you can write the NSOrderedSet code, build it,
write and run testcases, and generate documentation.

I can help with any questions you have, but I'm on my way home from FOSDEM, and
need to catch a train soon, and I will be travelling most of today, so I will
probably not be able to read/reply to emails until late today or tomorrow.
However, if you have installation problems there will usually be someone on
this list who can help.