Re: fatal error: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: fatal error: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 14:15:31 +0100

AppKit.h is installed in the libgnustep-gui-dev package. Is that package installed for you?
  http://packages.debian.org/file:AppKit.h

Also, do consider uninstalling Debian packages and installing GNUstep from source. Here's a script to get you started. I targeted Ubuntu because, despite previously being a long time Debian user, I felt that more people will use a LTS build of Ubuntu as their desktop operating environment. It should work okay nonetheless.
  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8559454/GNUstep%20libobjc2%20on%20Ubuntu.sh