Re: Problem with NSShortDateFormatString

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Problem with NSShortDateFormatString
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 13:44:38 +0100

Upon first look and quick examination, this looks like a bug in -base. I just tested getting value for key NSShortDateFormatString on OS X and it works.

However, OS X also deprecates the key NSShortDateFormatString. They are possibly unhappy that this works by SystemPreferences actually storing the format in user's global defaults. (I don't think they went and hacked this by handling the key NSShortDateFormatString in a special way.)

Maybe this should be considered bug in AddressManager. Shouldn't NSDateFormatter be used to format dates?