Re: invalid printinfo data, NetBSD

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: invalid printinfo data, NetBSD
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:00:38 +0100

Hi Fred,

On 01/03/12 10:15, Fred Kiefer wrote:
nil object are more user and programmer friendly.
In this case, GNUstep is looking up one of its own configuration files,
if it fails, clearly some misconfiguration or internal bug happened
(like in my case the domain local / sytem got mixed up somehow)
An invalid object is perhaps the worst thing indeed.. An exception, a

Done, I changed the code to raise an exception when the read in PPD file is nil.
Works for me with Graphos, I tried to remove the PPD file and I get the exception directly on application startup as soon as Graphos queries the page size.

Thanks.

Did you try to use --GNU-Debug=GSPrinting
Actually no, I don't even know all these debug options, a Wiki page
would be nice!

Not a Wiki page, but maybe this will do:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/ProgrammingManual/manual_6.html#NSDebugLog_002c-NSWarnLog
I don't find the value "GSPrinting" and other values, that's what I meant.

Cheers,
  Riccardo