Calling ... with incorrect signature. Method has ..., selector has ...

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Calling ... with incorrect signature. Method has ..., selector has ...
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:45:20 +0100

Hi,

while chasing a different problem, I came across those messages:

Calling [GormFilePrefsManager -version] with incorrect signature.  Method has
i8@0:4, selector has I8@0:4
Calling [GormFilePrefsManager -version] with incorrect signature.  Method has
i8@0:4, selector has I8@0:4

They happen to show up, when I load a .gorm directory in Gorm.

I've seen similar, when I close Burn:

CCalling [AppController -applicationShouldTerminate:] with incorrect signature.
 Method has C12@0:4@8, selector has i12@0:4@8

I recognized, those messages show up only when I link against libobjc2. The
compiler, gcc or clang, doesn't seem to matter.
Linking against libobjc from gcc, I don't see those messages.

Now I wonder, what could be wrong and where when I use libobjc2?

I'm on OpenBSD 5.0 -current i386, gnustep -base, -gui, -back, Gorm from svn,
libobjc-1.6.0 release.

Sebastian