building llvm optimizations for libobjc2

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: building llvm optimizations for libobjc2
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 13:09:39 +0100

Hi,

I try to get the optimization for libobjc2 built.

I try to get libobjc2 to build the optimization for llvm/clang. The llvm/clang
3.0 in the OpenBSD ports tree uses the cmake build system.
I have the llvm/clang sources extracted, and did ran build_opts.sh file. It
created the lib/Transforms/GNURuntime directory in the llvm source directory,
but when I then try to run it, I get the error:

$ gmake
../../..//Makefile.common:61: ../../..//Makefile.config: No such file or
directory
../../..//Makefile.common:69: /Makefile.rules: No such file or directory

since the cmake build doesn't seem to create those Makefiles from the .in
templates.

Is there an easy way to get this to work with the cmake build system?
Maybe I'm overlooking sth.

as far as I understand the build_opts.sh right, I'm supposed to run a
build_opts.sh gmake all and then later a build_opts.sh gmake install, which
would build the whole llvm/cmake and install the whole llvm/cmake. Is there a
way to just only build and install the optimizations?
For me, on my fairly old i386 box, it takes fairly long to build the whole
llvm/clang, and later on, I'd need to fiddle around a lot, to not install it
again...

cheers,
Sebastian