Re: building a self-contained deployable gnustep [cont]

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: building a self-contained deployable gnustep [cont]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:19:23 +0100

On 17 Oct 2011, at 21:00, Julian Mayer wrote:

> i believe for a standalone configuration its unwanted to create a visible
> directory in the users home folder especially when the config file therein is
> invisible anyway:
>
> -GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=GNUstep/Defaults
> +GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=.config/GNUstep/Defaults

That looks correct.  You made this modification to the standalone.conf file
before configuring/building gnustep-base?  If so I'd have thought it ought be
putting stuff in .config/GNUstep/Defaults
Perhaps there's some bug though ... I'll look into it.

Another setting you might want to use instead (I'd forgotten about it until I
looked in the configuration file documentation) is
'GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=:INTERNAL:'

> second thing, i want the deployed app to have changed defaults for GSTheme
> and NSMenuInterfaceStyle, but stuffing the appropriate config plist into
> HelloWorld.app/standalone/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults
> doesn't seem to get picked up. where shall i put it?

You can put it in standalone/GlobalDefaults.plist (again, this is mentioned in
the configuration file part of the Base documentation).