Re: problem with gworkspace-0.9.0 and gnustep-base-1.23.0

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: problem with gworkspace-0.9.0 and gnustep-base-1.23.0
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 19:01:57 +0200

Hi,

On 10/01/11 23:07, Julian Mayer wrote:
>> gnustep-gui-0.20.0, gnustep-back-0.20.1
>> gnustep-base to the new 1.23.0
> hey
>
> i think i have encountered the same problem, this package combination just
> doesn't work. it didn't even compile for me until i linked preface.h to
> GSConfig.h, and afterwards all but the most simplest programs wouldn't run.
I just removed the inclusion of preface.h, which worked well for me.
After testing a couple of more programs, it seems all are kind of broken
with this combination of last released versions of gnustep core stuff.

> i mentioned on the IRC channel that the current package combination as
> offered from the download page doesn't work, but it didn't seem to concern.
>
> using SVN trunk instead works just fine.
I'm packaging for OpenBSD, so taking the whole stuff from svn, doesn't
work out. I also don't know which fix in svn to take to make it work
with latest gnustep-base, so for the time being, I have to stick with
1.22.2.

I guess the problem is somewhere in -gui. Would it be too much effort to
just release a bugfix/compatibility release which fixes this
incompatibility? Right now, this doesn't give a good impression when the
latest releases don't work well together...

Sebastian